Making your own icons
Be creative: Give the shortcuts on your desktop more personality by designing your own icons.
1. On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Paint.
2. On the Image menu, click Attributes.
3. Enter 32 pixels in Height and Width.
4. Create an icon using the paintbrush or pencil tools.
5. Name and save your icon.
To replace an existing icon on your desktop with your new one:
1. Right-click the shortcut on your desktop and then click Properties.
2. Click Change Icon.
3. Click Browse.
4. Locate the folder containing the icon you created.
The icon you created will now replace the original on the desktop.