To give you freedom of choice, Windows 98 installs a desktop shortcut and files for you to set up several popular national online services. But once you've chosen and installed the one (or more) that you want, free up hard disk space by removing the rest (every little bit of extra disk space helps). To remove Online Services, first drag the Online Services desktop shortcut to the Recycle Bin and then:
1. From the Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs.
2. Click the Windows Setup tab.
3. Select Online Services and then click Details.
4. Clear the services you don't want and then click OK.
5. Click Apply and then click OK.